This historic pub has undergone many changes during its long life. Now, with us, Tom and Josie, as the new landlords at the helm, our vision is to return to its traditional roots as a good old fashioned traditional pub!
That said, we do plan to make some changes – a fresh new menu, a more expansive selection of wines and beers, including guest beers from smaller independent breweries. Plus, we want to bring back a pub quiz and other events such as an acoustic open mic night. We also plan to slowly and sympathetically restore the building’s fabric, furniture, and fixtures and are already making some initial changes that we hope you will like. Hopefully, when all is finished, we will be the country pub in the heart of the town and community.
In keeping with traditional pubs, we have our open fires on through the colder months, perfect to finish that walk with the dog and relax with a pint of quality ale. The pub has a small snug bar suitable for groups of 12-20, and it does get booked quickly, so please don’t delay. Our courtyard garden is a real sun trap offering a sheltered space to relax late into the evening during the summer.
We thank you for your support through this period. We look forward to getting to know customers old and new and sharing a pint or two along the way!
We are looking forward to welcoming you into our pub.
- To make your visit to the pub as seamless as possible, we advise you to book before arriving. Although you can turn up, there may not be sufficient space.
- We ask that if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not enter the site for our and everyone else’s safety.
- We advise that you use the sanitising stations located at the entrance and exit of the pub.
- We have been informed to collect personal details of customers visiting us to aid track and trace. This will be handled on-site via our new ordering system.
- We ask that you order your drinks and food via our new web-based app. Where this isn’t possible, we will offer a table service where cash is available for use, but card payments are preferred.
- While face coverings are no longer mandatory, we still recommend wearing them in crowded spaces or when you see fit.
- You agree to these guidelines by booking below.